Wednesday, March 30, 2011

california

a few weeks ago matt, malin and i headed west....first stop california....to visit my grandma and grandpa...malin's great grandma and grandpa. while we weren't necessarily beachin' it, it was so much fun to see my grandma and grandpa and share malin with them. we were thankful to be able to make the trip and enjoy the warm weather. we also got to visit with my aunt joy, uncle norm and cousin krysta in san jose! thanks everybody for a really fun visit!





while we were in turlock, ca my grandma and grandpa took us to the hilmar cheese company/factory. we got to see how they make all the cheese...and had lunch there too!




turlock is definitely dairy country....so we went to a milking carousal. it was pretty amazing...and SUPER smelly!








turlock is also known for its orchards so we drove around and saw LOTS of blossoms. these are almond blossoms and they were in full bloom. they were so cool because they looked like they were covered in snow! p.s. i had NO IDEA almonds grew on trees!





1 comment:

  1. Nice to see some recent posts from you, busy lady! Did you know my mom is from Turlock? She gave us a great cheese slicer from the Hilmar factory for Christmas this year (though she just ordered it online). I haven't been back since I was 16, but seeing your pictures makes me want to take David out there (he's never been to CA). T

    ReplyDelete