Monday, November 15, 2010

Check, check and check....

only 6 more weeks until baby arrives....or sooner! YIKES....

i seriously can't wait to meet this baby....

in the meantime...i do believe my life has been invaded with lists...lists of things we hope to get finished before this bouncy baby arrives! fortunately, matt and i have been able to cross a few big ones off the list in the last few weeks....and oh man does it feel good.

first and foremost, my amazing, crafty and creative husband has been hard at work putting all of his beloved tools to use! he never ceases to amaze me with his talent and vision....and i am so thankful, not just for his handy-work...but for the joy, silliness and love that he brings to my life. thank you matt!

so here's what matt's been up to:

this is our brand new shed....to store all of the things that have been living over in the camp garage...snow tires, bikes, rotatiller (sp?) for the garden, skiis....you name, it's in there!






the super fancy door on our shed is compliments of camp...it was left over from a building that was renovated this past spring...lucky us to get such a beautiful free door!






TA-DA!!!!



Lastly, we mounted a huge dalla horse ontop...

no.... but it looked that way when i took the picture! HA! : ) really that dalla horse is hanging by the back door of our house!




next, matt finished building a new changing table for baby b.


i have had that blue dresser from IKEA since my junior year in college...matt built the wooden top and shelves and put it all together so that it is all one piece. it seriously looks like we bought it that way and i absolutely love it! we will have one clean baby on that securely and fashionably made changing table!




my project....which i started a long, long time ago has also finally come to fruition. this summer i began painting all the shutters on our house. WAY bigger project than i first imagined...but also really happy i did it because it looks so great! kinda wish i had taken some "before" pics...but never did. oh well. i also painted the back and front doors!



our front door!


....and back door and deck!

lastly, i have been growing this baby to be and it has wiped me out! i am also trying to finish up my second to last semester of grad school without totally losing my mind and compile enough hours for my internship! i am really looking forward to being done with school and spending time at home with matt and baby! - even if it is more exhausting than the crazy schedule i have had all fall...at least i will be with people who mean the world to me!


5 comments:

  1. you go girl! haaa but my goodness have you 2 kept yourselves busy!! i LOVE all the various projects.. it all looks so good! can't wait to see that little one when they arrive!! they will sure be blessed to have such wonderful parents! lots of love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects! Everything looks awesome; I am very impressed with your skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You've taken on bigger projects than I have lately, and I'm not pregnant! Nice work on the shed and dresser amendment, Matt, and the doors and shutters look beautiful. I love the shade of blue you chose. Looking forward to seeing you both again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! I left you a message the other day because we HAVE to talk before December flies by and you have a baby in your arms!! I am so happy for you and I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone by...of course faster for me than you I'm sure! I wanted to check your blog and see if there were any updates. I miss you guys and hope you are doing well, looks like you are creating a beautiful home for the baby......give me a ring when you a get a free minute, which I'm sure is rare these days! love you guys!!! :) jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should stay pregnant a little longer and make a Dala horse to put on the shed...I thought it was for real!! Matt did a great job on the shed! You are getting so much done...love all the extra touches on the house and for the baby...I can't believe it is only 6 weeks...and you will have a little one coming into your lives!!
    Enjoy the six week and then enjoy being a family of three!!
    Love you guys ~ so fun to see you at STacy's wedding for a bit!!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete