Saturday, May 16, 2009

a blog.....really???

soooo....i really like reading all of my friends blogs....but have never felt quite ready to start my own...mostly because i just wouldn't know what to write about....and i still kinda wonder about the "weirdness" of putting my life on the internet.... but here we go. i'm giving it a try. why, you ask? what has brought on this change of heart....

last year i moved to northern michigan, and now, living so far away from the people and places that i love, i find myself longing for CONNECTION.... life in michigan has been good to me! but one thing i have learned, without a doubt is that nothing can replace old friends, the very best kind of friends who can just look at you and know whats on your mind....the kind of friends who you don't have to make formal plans with....the kind of friends who when you mention something from the past, you don't have to explain details or summarize past events...they already know! ALSO, this past fall i quit teaching and went back to school to pursue my masters in social work....while this has been by far one of the best decisions of my life....it has overturned so many "rocks" in my world....giving further passion to some things i already believed in....and bringing uncertainty to others. i am learning sooooo much!!!! i know God is using this time in my life to further mold my heart....but i'll be honest....at times it seems like too much to process!

AND SO....thus the blog....i miss my "people". the people who know me best and remind me of who i am and what i want to be. the people's whose insights i trust and options i respect because we have already spent hours upon hours questioning each others thoughts and experiences! i treasure all my visits, phone calls and emails....they help me along the way. but with the continued feelings of being on the brink of crazy....i am using this blog to share with my friends, and also just to get out of my head all of the "wonderings" along the way....

and so tonight....although i trust that God is GOOD.... i wonder does the future hold? what is God teaching me as my environment and perceptions change? where does it all lead? and am i willing to go? i hope so.....

8 comments:

  1. just wanted to be the first. i win. i'll add this to my 'put off homework' list of sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grrr...i wanted to be the first. i lose. love that you started a blog & your words are so often my words, so i don't think you are crazy at all. i talk about "old" friends all the time. love & miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bummer...i am the third! only to be beaten by an brother and sister-in-law...:) we miss you here in chicago, yet know that God has wonderful things in store for you in manistee! love you! lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read your wonderings. I'll just pretend we're walking around the lake (possibly multiple times) having a talk as I read. Miss you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i got to be the first blog follower, but since i don't know the first thing about blogging i don't really even know what that means

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I'm so excited to read your wonderings. Like Kathleen, I'll just imagine we're walking around the lake together or on an adventure or on a run or any doing any of those other random things we never needed to make formal plans for! I know exactly what you mean about missing old friends and too much processing in school...me too, me too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this and so often wish I could have casual chats with old friends... keep sharing and inspiring us to share as well. Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very excited to see that you've joined the blogging world! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete